Here's the deal! I only collect your info so that I can ship you magical woodland art and I only store it so that I can pay my taxes. New laws require that I have a fancy policy, so check it out below. Long story short, I only use trusted payment processors and keep your info super secure. Feel free to ask me any questions!
To fill orders, you provide me with certain information (such as name, address, contact info, messages, etc.) and the sole use of the information is to fill your order.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to sell my products and answer any messages
- if necessary to comply with state and federal laws
- tax reporting purposes
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as USPS. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill orders and keep thorough records for tax purposes.
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Jess Polanshek, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com
The general outline of these policies is the same as my Etsy shop policies, which were constructed based on the informational Etsy post by Etsy's Legal team.